- "Hi there, I'm Blitzo (the "o" is silent), and I'm the founder of I.M.P! Are you a piece of shit who got yourself sent to Hell? Or are you an innocent soul who got FUCKED over by someone else?!"
- ―Blitzo, advertising his company
Blitzo is a very lanky jester-like imp with a pointed tail who conversely has wide-proportioned hands, pointed feet with a boot-like heel, and a narrow head with curved horns. His eyes have black lines running down the eyelids and his sclera is yellow with a red iris.
Blitzo has crimson skin with trace white blotches that cover his right eye and the tip of his tail, black-and-white striped horns with black spines between them running to his tail, and black stripes around his tail. A heart-shaped skull symbol rests on his forehead. He wears a torn black collared coat with red buttons, black boots (incidentally sharing the same shape as his feet), and large black gloves with yellow eyes on them. Blitzo also has a red skull charm around his neck. During the episode Loo Loo Land he wears a plain black suit and tie with sunglasses while guarding Stolas, just like Millie and Moxxie.
Focused on his company's success, Blitzo prides himself as being business-like and professional, but in truth, he has a shortsighted ego that makes him terrible at managing a legitimate business. Despite his status as his company's superior, he comes off often as immature, self-absorbent, and even disrespectful among his employees; to which none of them find him serious enough as their boss and often come to question his extravagant yet poor decision-making. On the assassin side, he is murder-savvy and borderline sadistic with his victims. He is perfectly fine with committing more brutal killings (e.g. on children) if there's no fuss over it. He was also not above sleeping with Stolas, who is a married man, in order to have access to his grimoire, which is the key element allowing him and his employees to fulfill contracts to assassinate people on Earth.
Blitzo possesses a twisted sense of family when it comes to his work. Comparing his employees to a (dysfunctional) family, Blitzo likens the matters the company faces as familial problems that can be dealt with if they all work together (but not necessarily respect each other). However, Blitzo occasionally uses the comparison as an excuse for his negligent behavior when called out on it. For example, his justifying of Loona's volatile behavior and appraisal as a surrogate daughter against employee complaints, or endlessly stalking Moxxie in public and private. These feelings are even hinted to be sexual, as shown in Loo Loo Land, he made two dolls of Moxxie and Millie, which he fantasizes about having a threesome with.
He also has a theatrical side, as Blitzo also loves music and jingles, and keeps posters of himself and his family from when they worked together as a circus act around his office. Unfortunately, Blitzo's thought process runs on the idea that entertainment is a Kickstarter shortcut through corporate promotion, leading him to confuse the two and blowing the company's resources on over-the-top advertising. Some of his previous attempts at showbiz are shown in Loo Loo Land, when he was shown as a dejected employee with clown makeup; he was later mocked by Robo Fizz, who belittled him for his lack of success on the stage.
Blitzo can also be easily pissed off if one of their assassinations were to go faulty, as shown in Murder Family when they were tasked to take out a woman named Martha, Blitzo had almost killed her with a sniper rifle until Moxxie accidentally made him miss the shot, as he was against the idea of killing people with families. Blitzo was enraged by this and berated Moxxie until Martha and her family started shooting at them. In the end, Moxxie apologized and Blitzo seemed to accept this as he pulled his employee of the month into a hug, and grimly says, "But if you ever pull a stunt like this again, I will FUCK you and your wife!"
- Fire Resistance - TBA
- Weapon Proficiency - TBA
- Disguise - TBA
- Portal Creation - Thanks to the assistance of Stolas's Grimoire, he is able to summon a portal that can access the living world.
- By his admission, the "o" in Blitzo's name is silent. "Blitz" is also the German word for "lightning".
- In "Loo Loo Land", he remarks how the "o" has been silent since his resignation from his job at the Loo Loo Land circus, hinting that "Blitzo" could have been his stage name-turned-real name.
- As shown in both "Loo Loo Land" and "Spring Broken", those whom he used to be acquainted but are now on negative terms with seem to still pronounce the "o" in his name to piss him off, as done by Robo Fizz and Verosika.
- The Demom who makes a small cameo in the "Inside of Every Demon is a Rainbow" music video is indeed Blitzo, whose final design was still being worked on when his cameo spot in the video was created.
- In "Murder Family" a poster can be seen in his office that while closer to his final design retains his eyes from this short.
- According to Vivziepop, Blitzo and Moxxie were initially intended to be recurring characters for Hazbin Hotel as an assassin team specifically made for comedy relief. But since the drama nature of the series wouldn't work with too many comedic characters, Vivziepop decided to develop a concept based on the two, which led to the development of the Helluva Boss series.
- According to Vivziepop, Blitzo and Angel Dust would be kicked out of a Medieval Times restaurant for various shenanigans.
- Blitzo is implied to be an atheist as he states "I guess there is a God!" when he is informed that Eddie was the right target after all.
- Based on a poster behind Blitzo in his office, it seems Blitzo and his sisters were part of a circus in Hell.
- In "Murder Family" we see a sign in his office titled "The Blitz Show" implying he had his own routine along with being part of "The Amazing Imp Siblings".
- Blitzo has a board labelled "Boss Goals" with pictures of himself, Katie Killjoy, a duck with a monocle and hat, Lilith Magne, and Rosie.
- Blitzo seems to have the ability to purr like a cat; this can be heard when he was watching Moxxie sleep during the Pilot.
- In Vivziepop's 2019 short Holidaze, one of the children is wearing a costume based on Blitzo. Additionally, there is a tree carved with initials "M+M →B←" in a heart that alludes to Blitzo's invasive tendencies toward Moxxie and Millie.
- Additionally, Blitzo has mentioned twice how he would not be opposed to having a threesome with the two.
- Blitzo loves horses, almost to an obsession with them, and even has toy horses on person. This obsession has cost him his relationship with Verosika Mayday who broke up with him after using her credit card to pay for horse riding lessons. In "C.H.E.R.U.B", he spent all the money Loopty Goopty gave him to kill Lyle Lipton on a toy horse called Mare-ajuna covered in gems.
- In Blitzo's Voxtagram account, Blitzo once owned a horse named Spindle that can apparently talk and teleport. However, it initially did not make an official appearance outside of Blitzo's Voxtagram prior to this post. Due to the unofficial nature of the Voxtagram accounts, it is not confirmed if this happened to Blitzo, nor does it confirm the horse exists.
- Blitzo is horrible at spelling, as shown by the billboard he commissioned in "Murder Family". This was foreshadowed in several of his Voxtagram posts.
- Though, interestingly enough it did not seem to be the case when he first started his account. It only started to become a thing from this post onwards, until it eventually worsened to the point where it is now.
- In "Murder Family", it reveals that Blitzo goes to therapy and his therapist would usually say how gross he is.
- In "Loo Loo Land", it appears that he keeps Martha's eye as a memento of that job.
- A Voxtagram post inferred that Blitzo's sexuality was pansexual. However, as the service and its affiliated accounts has been confirmed as not being officially canon, it's currently uncertain if he is actually pansexual.
- Blitzo shares two similar traits with Loopty Goopty. Those being:
- Him and Loopty both being voiced by Brandon Rogers.
- They both dislike it whenever anyone mispronounces their names.
- Ironically, while he butts into other people's personal lives, he doesn't like it when others butt into his own personal life.
- Blitzo makes a cameo in the 2021 Eddsworld short "Beaster Bunny" as the "Imp" option at the face-paint booth; coincidentally the "Imp" face was what the painter (portrayed by Vivienne herself) was giving to the child.
|Hazbin Hotel||Helluva Boss|
|Main characters||Charlie Magne • Vaggie • Angel Dust • Alastor • Husk • Niffty||Blitzo • Millie • Moxxie • Loona|
|Supporting characters||Cherri Bomb • Fat Nuggets • Sir Pentious • The Egg Bois • Razzle and Dazzle • Katie Killjoy • Tom Trench||Stolas • Cletus • Collin • Keenie • Octavia • Robo Fizz • Verosika Mayday • Wally Wackford • Striker|
|Minor Characters||Crymini • Exorcists • Helsa von Eldritch • Lilith Magne • Lucifer Magne • Mimzy • Travis||Barbie Wire • Catfish Monster • Eddie • Joe • Lin • Loo Loo • Loopty Goopty • Lyle Lipton • Martha • Mrs. Mayberry • Ralphie • Sallie May • Stella • Verosika's crew • Vortex|
|Overlords||Alastor • Rosie • Valentino • Velvet • Vox|
|Other Characters||Arackniss • Baxter • "Henroin" • Molly • Seviathan von Eldritch||Fizzarolli • Tilla • Mammon|