Hazbin Hotel is an American comedy/musical adult animated web series created by Vivienne Medrano, with music scored by Gooseworx, the Living Tombstone, and songs written by Parry Gripp. The pilot episode, "That's Entertainment", was released on October 28, 2019.
The series focuses on Charlie, the princess of Hell, and her quest to open a hotel for rehabilitating demons. Hell suffers from overpopulation and Heaven solves the problem by routinely exterminating demons yearly. Charlie, who has grown up in Hell, wants to find an alternate solution to the mass slaughter. She opens the Happy Hotel which aims at teaching demons and sinners to become better people. There is substantial resistance though, and Charlie and her friends must work together to keep the hotel running.
- Jill Harris as Charlotte "Charlie" Magne
- Elsie Lovelock as Charlie (singing voice)
- Monica Franco as Vaggie
- Michael Kovach as Angel Dust
- Edward Bosco as Alastor
- Gabriel C. Brown as Alastor (singing voice)
- Mick Lauer as Husk
- Michelle Marie as Niffty
Major Supporting Cast
- Krystal LaPorte as Cherri Bomb
- Kelly "Chi-Chi" Boyer as Cherri (singing voice)
- Faye Mata as Katie Killjoy
- Joshua Tomar as Tom Trench
- Will Stamper as Sir Pentious
- Joe Gran as The Egg Bois
- N/A as Vox
- N/A as Valentino
- N/A as Velvet
- N/A as Lucifer Magne
- N/A as Lilith Magne
- N/A as Rosie
- N/A as Mimzy
- N/A as Baxter
- N/A as Crymini
- N/A as Roo
- N/A as Villa
- N/A as Helsa von Eldritch
- N/A as Seviathan von Eldritch
- Maxwell Atoms - Burglar and Top hat Demon
- Don Darryl Rivera - Travis
- James Monroe Iglehart
- Seth Atkinson - Promotional voiceovers
- Season 1 (2019-)
- That's Entertainment (October 28, 2019)
- Before "Hazbin Hotel" became the official name for the series, the series was temporarily named "People Like Us".
- Hatchet, Marx, and other characters from Viv's webcomic Zoophobia appears as cameo characters.
- All of the characters, with the exception of Husk as well as the hellhound demons, don't have ears.
- According to Faustisse:
- The characters had different voices as humans before they turned into demons.
- The demons we see in the show have alternate forms if they were ever sent to Heaven.
- Other than Charlie, the remaining five main characters will have their own songs in the future.
- According to Vivziepop, "Reality is going to hit all the characters at a certain point."
- Vivzie plans on making either a Halloween episode or a Christmas episode in the near future.
- Ashley refers to its fandom as the "Hazbeans".
- When Sinners arrive at Hell, they make up their own name that they are known for as Demons. However, Alastor is excluded since he dislikes giving himself any sort of nickname.
- According to sound designer Kennedy Phillips, shows such as Ed, Edd n Eddy, Rocko's Modern Life and Courage the Cowardly Dog were an influence on some of the sound and foley design.