Hell is the supernatural realm of Demons, wherein the souls of sinners and the damned are sent after death. The atmosphere is presented as perpetually choleric, disorderly, and noxious. Hell's geography is divided into seven rings as revealed by the lyrics in Stolas' song (You Will Be Ok). At least two of the rings represent Pride and Greed. As revealed by the official Helluva Boss Twitter account, Hellborn Demons have the ability to traverse across any of the rings, whereas sinners-turned-demons are confined to the top-most ring, the Pride Ring.
Hell's society is incredibly chaotic due to its populace. In Hell civilization, there exists a crude form of hierarchy defined by power, with all of Hell being ruled by the fallen angel, Lucifer, whose daughter and heir apparent is Charlie. The levels of this hierarchy are broken up from top-to-bottom as follows:
- The Seven Deadly Sins
- The Ars Goetia
- Overlords, who have considerable influence in the Pride Ring
- Regular sinners
- Succubi, Incubi, and other unknown demon classes of Hell
- Imps and Hellhounds, the bottom of Hell's society
Hell apparently suffers from mass-overpopulation which the Exorcists attempt to solve through mass-genocides and exterminations of its inhabitants but which Charlie attempts to solve through the creation of the Happy Hotel.
- Pentagram City
- Imp City
- Cannibal Colony
- Hell was a location also featured in show-creator Vivienne Medrano's popular web-comic, Zoophobia.
- The setting is based on the location of the same name from Abrahamic mythology where it is said to be one of four afterlife destinations, namely Heaven (for good souls), Limbo (the borderlands of Hell), and Purgatory (borderlands of life and death).
- This Hell is not solely the Biblical version, but a mixture of different religions and mythologies.
- In a live stream, Vivienne described Hell as "a very sleazy city".
- The residents of Hell can only be truly killed by the Exorcists, but some residents have collected parts the Exorcists left behind and there is a black market for them, so it is possible for a random resident of Hell to kill another using those tools.
- If a sinner dies in Hell, they are erased out of existence, forever. But the "dark energy" that the sinners are made out of will then mix with the pure fabric of Hell, hence why some objects appear to be "alive".
- Hell has its own geography, its own climate, and its own species of creatures. Everything in Hell is dangerous, inhospitable, and terrifying. When asked what other places are there besides Pentagram City, Vivziepop said that there's "a bunch of other cities in Hell and there's like a bunch of other terrain and stuff like deserts and jungles and shit."
- She also said that most of Hazbin Hotel takes place in the main city (indirectly referring to Pentagram City).
- Helluva Boss takes place in another city of Hell called "Imp City", where the Imp demons reside.
- There is a town for the Canadians in Hell.
- There is a part of Hell called the Cannibal Colony that vaguely resembles an Americana town that is stuck in the 1910s.
- There is a part of Hell called Wonderland that is full of crazy creatures and is really dangerous. It is created by the same "energy" that seep into Hell when a sinner dies.
- In the "Addict" music video, it is shown that it can rain in Hell. Although, it is not yet known if the liquid pouring from the skies are made up of the same chemicals that make up Earth's rains or if they are an entirely different substance.
- Allergies are a thing in Hell, those are part of the inconveniences that happen in Hell. According to Vivzie, once in a while, something happens and all the demons have to deal with it together.
- Vivziepop had joked that the only song one can sing at Karaoke bars is "Mumbo Number Five". Though she also said that she doesn't know if this is canon or not really, but she does like the idea as a joke.
- In Hell, demons do celebrate holidays.
- Instead of celebrating Christmas, expecting Santa Claus, they eagerly wait for Krampus to visit their homes.
- Hell doesn't have actual real technology but they would have their own form of modern tech. For instance, cellphones in Hell are called Hellphones and they play anguished screams for phone sounds.
- As seen in The Pilot, Hell follows Earth's Gregorian Calendar, having 365 days in a year.
- As contrary to the typical Hell presented in other media, Hazbin's Hell is actually also a form of punishment despite there not having anything constantly burning or any form of torture. The punishment in Hazbin's Hell is the continuous chaos amongst the residents and the fact that the demons and sinners can suffer a lot from that chaos, which is what they have to withstand for eternity.
- As shown in the pilot for Helluva Boss, there seems to be oxygen present in Hell since Eddie was able to breathe perfectly fine during his stay when he was still alive.
|Worlds||Heaven • Hell • Earth|
|Rings of Hell||Pride Ring • Greed Ring • Lust Ring|
|Cities||Pentagram City • Imp City • Cannibal Colony|
|Other locations||Hazbin Hotel||Hazbin Hotel • The Clock Tower • Rosie's Emporium • Porn Studios • 666 News Studio • Club Hell 666 • Klub Kaiju|
|Helluva Boss||I.M.P Headquarters • Stolas's mansion • Loo Loo Land • Lu Lu World • Ozzie's|