Imps are in essence the "working-class" of Hell society. They have lowest ranking demons in Hell's hierarchy and therefore the least respected and most likely to be hired for slave work or as servants. There is a hotspot in Hell for imps called Imp City, which appears extremely shabby and filled with homelessness even by Hell's standards.
- Barbie Wire
- Wally Wackford
- Blitzo's dad
- Moxxie's parents
- Millie's parents
- Millie's siblings
- Stolas's servant
- Nathan's Parents
- Nathan's baby brother
- Carnival Guy
Imps are designed to look like how the devil is typically portrayed in media, with horns and an arrow-shaped tail. Their color schemes simply consist of black, red, white and bits of yellow. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes although the most common ones appear to be around the same height as an average human adult, but with many of them being significantly shorter. One of the most distinctive traits that tell them apart is the shape of their horns, which can vary greatly from individual to individual. Imp blood is usually shown to be black. Female imps are shown to usually have mostly dark hair whereas male imps are shown to have mostly white hair, although there are apparent exceptions, such as a male imp shown with dark hair. In Blitzo and his sister, Barbie Wire's case, they would be considered bald.
- Photokinesis: Imps have the ability to project light from their eyes when they are in dimly lit areas.
- Pyrokinesis: At least some imps are capable of producing some flames, as is the imp holding a post in Loo Loo Land, who lights a cigarette made with a bill with a flick of his finger.
- Fire Resistance: As shown in "Murder Family", imps are immune to fire and being fully engulfed in flames does not harm them. It is unknown if this is an ability unique to imps or if it is a trait all demons possess.
- Unique Abilities: Although more of it has yet to be shown, imps have a wide array of abilities that is unique to individual Imps. An example of this is Blitzo's ability to purr.
Unlike sinners turned demons in Hell, it appears in the episode "Loo Loo Land" that Imps can be killed with non-Exorcist weapons. It is unknown if this truly kills them or simply incapacitates them, but it implies that Hellborn demons can be fatally injured if enough damage is applied.
- In mythology, imps are minor types of fairies or demons that are typically more mischievous than threatening, and as such are deemed lesser beings, even servile, to supernatural entities.
- In the episode "Murder Family", Blitzo is injured by a bullet while in the human world and later implies that a shot to the head would send them back to Hell. This statement appears true based on Millie's reaction but is never outright confirmed or denied on-screen.
- It is possible that young imps are called "implings", as Robo Fizz addresses them as "implings" in his show.
- Imps look very stereotypically demonic. It is unknown if imps before I.M.P have interacted with humanity before.
- In the episode "Murder Family", Blitzo is injured by a bullet and bleeds, which shows that Imps have black blood.