- "You don't take shit from other demons!"
- ―Lucifer's advice to Charlie.
Lucifer wears a white suit, black bowtie, and a red undershirt. He also wears a white hat, with a purple snake and red apple on the brim. He carries an apple-topped black cane that matches his hat. His eyes are yellow, with black pupils. He, like Charlie, has red cheeks. His eyelids are purple and give the appearance of eyeshadow.
- Flight: According to Faustisse, both Lucifer and his daughter have the ability to summon their wings and are capable of flight.[note 1]
- Animation: Lucifer is said to have the ability to bring inanimate objects to life seeing as how he brought his daughter's plushies, Razzle and Dazzle, to life as her bodyguards.
- Angelic power: According to Viviziepop, Lucifer possesses angelic power, which holds sway over the demonic power of his contemporaries, and consequently makes him arguably the most powerful being in all of Hell.
- Musical Talent: Similar to his daughter, Lucifer excels at singing.
- Like the rest of his family, the surname "Magne" in French, translates to "The Great".
- The apple tucked in the brim of his hat and on the end of his cane seem to reference the story of Adam and Eve, where a talking snake (often interpreted as being the Devil) persuades the first woman Eve into eating a forbidden fruit, which is often depicted in pop-culture as an apple, resulting in her and Adam being thrown out of paradise.
- Lucifer's character is based on the pop-culture version of the Devil, where he is typically portrayed as being the fallen-archangel Lucifer who attempted to conquer heaven in a great war before being cast down to Hell where he became its ruler and the adversary of God. In some versions and renditions, Lucifer is dubbed "Satan", one of the many names of the Devil.
- In Hazbin Hotel, Lucifer and Satan are separate characters. This is shown in the pilot of Helluva Boss wherein a homeless Imp can be seen holding a sign that says "Satan Bless".
- For full Biblical clarification, Lucifer (Shining One) is only used once throughout the entire Bible in Isaiah 14, where Verse 4 makes it clear that it refers to the King of Babylon, who held similar ambitions to Satan, with Verses 16 to 20 reinforcing that the term refers to a Human King. Thus making Hazbin's depiction of Lucifer and Satan as separate entities Biblically accurate, even if only by accident. Nevertheless, some non-canonical writings distinguish between Lucifer, as the rebel against God and Satan as God's executioner.
- When asked if she can tell fans anything about Lucifer, or at least what his relationship is like with Charlie, Vivziepop said that she can not say very much about Lucifer yet because of it being a little bit too much of a spoiler for the future (especially his relationship with Charlie, which is kind of a big part of the show). The only hint Vivziepop gives regarding Lucifer's personality is that he is goofy and enjoys polka music.
- Charlie seems to have inherited his rosy cheeks, yellow eyes, fangs, and pale complexion.
- He is slightly shorter than Charlie.
- Lucifer can play many types of instruments very well, but according to Vivziepop, there is an instrument he has not perfected yet and is quite bad at it as a result. Additionally, she said that his favorite instrument depends on who the voice actor is.
- Lucifer's favorite snack is caramel apples.
- In "Loo Loo Land", Lucifer apparently owns a theme park called Lu Lu World.
- He has wings like Charlie.
|Main characters||Hazbin Hotel||Charlie • Vaggie • Angel Dust • Alastor • Husk • Niffty|
|Helluva Boss||Blitzo • Millie • Moxxie • Loona • Stolas|
|Overlords||Alastor • Rosie • Valentino • Velvet • Vox|
|Supporting characters||Baxter • Cherri Bomb • Crymini • The Egg Bois • Exorcists • Helsa • Katie Killjoy • Lilith • Lucifer • Mimzy • Razzle and Dazzle • Seviathan • Sir Pentious • Tom Trench • Travis|
|Others||Arackniss • Barbie Wire • Collin • Eddie • Fat Nuggets • Fizzarolli • Robo Fizz • Henroin • Loo Loo • Martha • Mrs. Mayberry • Molly • Octavia • Ralphie • Roo • Stella • Tilla • Villa • Wally Wackford|