- "I simply follow your orders, it isn't my fault if your orders are as nonsensical as a sun tanning bed left out on the cold rainy porch of a fresh April shower. I am simply speaking Satan's plain English, perhaps you should crack open a dictionary sometime and then maybe you could understand a half of the frivolous things I carry on and on about."
- ―Hallucination Moxxie to Blitzo
Moxxie is an Imp Demon with red skin and white freckles on his cheeks. His white pointy hair leads up to his curvy black and white striped horns. He also has yellow sclera with black slit pupils. Moxxie has a long red thin tail with a quadrilateral barb at the end, as well as lanky digitigrade legs ending in what appears to be cloven red hooves, reminiscent of artiodactyls.
Moxxie's usual outfit consists of a navy-black coat with red buttons and white cuffs, black pants a white shirt that has a black turtleneck, a large red bow-tie, and fingerless gloves. During the episode Loo Loo Land, he wears a plain black suit and tie with no markings and sunglasses while guarding Stolas, just like Blitzo and Millie, but still wears his normal red bow-tie with it.
Moxxie is an Imp who is easily annoyed and rather clumsy, as he trips over their ritualistic book on the way through the portal to the living world. He is the I.M.P's weapon specialist; and as such, has a vast knowledge of weapons and often brings a variety of them along during jobs. He is often the most vocal and realistic of the employees regarding the company as a whole despite its dysfunctional environment and is bullied consequently.
Despite being a murder-for-hire imp, it seems Moxxie is queasy with unnecessary killing beyond their targets and appears distraught when he believes he almost killed an "innocent" child and can be seen being consoled in a scene in the hospital. He also is uncomfortable with the idea of killing targets who have families, and attempts to give people second chances, as seen in Murder Family. He loves his wife's sadistic tendencies and brutality, as he sings of how it makes his heart skip a beat in "Oh Millie".
Moxxie is also shown to have a comical side, as when he talks about killing an entire family, he claims it might be alright if it was just a shitty dad or a mob family, saying "That's understandable" in an accent. When finding out Blitzo used to date Verosika Mayday, he asked if she had suffered blindness or brain damage, implying that a pop star such as her wouldn't usually date Blitzo unless they had some form of mental disability.
When intoxicated, he loses all common sense and becomes quite delusional, as shown when he asks Millie why she has "four heads," and high-fived her instead of grabbing her hand straightaway. He also is shown to become increasingly flirtatious with her when drunk.
- Fire Resistance: It is assumed that Moxxie, like Millie and Blitzo, are immune to the effects of burning.
- Musical Talent: TBA
- Guitar-playing: TBA
- Acrobatics: Moxxie is nimble and agile in terms of fighting, as he swiftly dodged all the arrows shot at him while swinging away on a strand of rope to intervene in Keenie and Millie's fighting.
- Songwriting: Moxxie is able to compose music, having written "Oh, Millie" in honor of his wife.
- Weapon Proficiency: Moxxie is proficient in the use of several weapons, most especially sniper rifles.
- Disguise: Moxxie can utilize multiple outfits to pass on Earth.
- Cooking: Moxxie is shown to be good at cooking.
- Moxxie's name is based on the word "moxie" which means "to have fighting spirit".
- He shares the same voice actor as Eddie, with both being voiced by Richard Horvitz.
- Moxxiee seems to be a fan of the hit musical The Phantom of the Opera, having a framed sheet with a domino mask and a rose pictured on it above his nightstand, wondered what sex with Michael Crawford (the actor who originated the role of The Phantom) would be like, has a phone with a ringtone that plays the pipe organ, and suffered from a hallucination that heavily referenced the play. He also dressed as the Phantom for Halloween in a post from the non-canon Voxtagram stories.
- Notably, the sheet says "PAYBILL". This might be an oversight that was supposed to say "PLAYBILL" as masks and roses are common imagery used for theater. It could also be a copyright avoidant reference to the musical's Playbill cover.
- It is implied that Moxxie is or was a musician, as he can sing and play guitar, has a framed music award, has an alarm clock with a musical note on it, and his bedroom and living room wallpaper have musical notes on them.
- Moxxie's suit is likely a conductor's suit as it has penguin tails, and a bow-tie.
- Moxxie makes a cameo in Vivziepop's 2019 short Holidaze as an ornament on a Christmas tree. Additionally, there is a tree carved with the initials "M+M →B←" in a heart that alludes to him, Millie, and Blitzo.
- Moxxie makes a cameo in the Hazbin Hotel pilot, appearing as a silhouette in the Boo Section.
- According to Vivziepop, Blitzo and Moxxie were initially intended to be recurring characters for Hazbin Hotel as an assassin team specifically made for comedy relief. But since the drama nature of the series wouldn't work with too many comedic characters, Vivziepop decided to develop a concept based on the two, which led to the development of the Helluva Boss series.
- Moxxie does not swear as often as the others, when in a bad situation he often uses the comparatively tame phrase "Oh, crumbs".
- Moxxie is susceptible to motion sickness, as shown by him appearing nauseous when riding a shark in one of the images shown during the I.M.P commercial jingle, as well as by him vomiting after riding the roller coaster "The Lawsuit" at Loo Loo Land.
- In "Loo Loo Land", Moxxie is freaked out by theme park mascots, believing them to be perverts under their costumes.
- As shown in "The Harvest Moon Festival", Moxxie is at a disadvantage when it comes to close combat, as opposed to his usual fighting style of ranged combat.
- In "Truth Seekers", Moxxie exclaims "Oy gevalt!" which roughly translates to "Oh violence!" in Yiddish, suggesting he knows partial Yiddish.
- He also mentions that coffee orders would often misspell his name, like putting Roxie or Foxy.
- It also revealed that he likes the musical Cats.
|Hazbin Hotel||Helluva Boss|
|Main characters||Charlie Magne • Vaggie • Angel Dust • Alastor • Husk • Niffty||Blitzo • Millie • Moxxie • Loona|
|Supporting characters||Cherri Bomb • Fat Nuggets • Sir Pentious • The Egg Bois • Razzle and Dazzle • Katie Killjoy • Tom Trench||Stolas • Agent One • Agent Two • Cletus • Collin • Keenie • Octavia • Robo Fizz • Verosika Mayday • Wally Wackford • Striker|
|Minor Characters||Crymini • Exorcists • Helsa von Eldritch • Lilith Magne • Lucifer Magne • Mimzy • Travis||Barbie Wire • Catfish Monster • Eddie • Joe • Lin • Loo Loo • Loopty Goopty • Lyle Lipton • Martha • Mrs. Mayberry • Ralphie • Sallie May • Stella • Verosika's crew • Vortex|
|Overlords||Alastor • Rosie • Valentino • Velvet • Vox|
|Other Characters||Arackniss • Baxter • "Henroin" • Molly • Seviathan von Eldritch||Fizzarolli • Tilla • Mammon|